It’s 2017, and The Muzzle Up! Project is heading into the new year with continuation of our advocacy education and training programs, plus some exciting updates to share along the way. Here’s a guide to what’s on tap, and what to look forward to in the year to come.
- Maureen Backman, the Muzzle Up! Project’s founder, will be speaking at the California Animal Care Conference in Sacramento, CA March 12-13, and will be participating in an expert panel. More information to come.
- If you are part of the veterinary community, the Veterinary Partners Program has launched and is and approved for CEUs by the American Association of State Veterinary Boards Registry of Approved Continuing Education.
- If you work in an animal shelter or rescue, check out the Shelter Partners Program, a four-week interactive course.
- If you need extra help with finding the right muzzle, or troubleshooting a training problem, check out The Muzzle Up! Project’s website for resources and videos.
- You can also sign up for Muzzle Up! Online, which provides 1:1 Skype training sessions to help you effectively muzzle train your dog using force free training methods.
The year ahead:
- We’re still organizing our 2017 seminar schedule, and will be adding more dates to the calendar. If you’re interested in hosting a seminar, click here.
- We’ll be expanding our advocacy outreach to muzzle manufacturers and retail stores.
- We’ll be expanding our library of training graphics and materials.
- We’ll be continuing our engagement with our expanding group of supporters on our community Facebook page.
As always, thank you for your continued support!
– Maureen Backman, MS, CTC, PCT-A is the owner of Mutt About Town dog training in San Francisco. She is also the founder of The Muzzle Up! Project and Muzzle Up! Online. To get in touch, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. To purchase her training DVDs, visit Tawzer Dog.