This fall, it’s time to make a muzzle smile. It’s time to erase stigma. It’s time to educate ourselves. It’s time to save dogs’ lives. It’s time to have fun. It’s time to Muzzle Up!
September 2014 is Muzzle Awareness Month at The Muzzle Up! Project. Our goal is to spread the word that we don’t need to fear muzzles.
In the world of dog behavior, one of the most essential pieces of safety equipment we have is the muzzle. Unfortunately, their appearance and the judgments associated with them prevent their usage, sometimes with tragic consequences. Dogs’ welfare suffers when humans fail to use muzzles. They miss out on walks, trips to dog parks, and other key socialization opportunities that contribute to a happy and healthy dog.
Muzzles allow dogs to operate safely in our confusing, sometimes frightening world.
Here’s what to look forward to the entire month of September:
– Muzzle Q & A’s with Muzzle Up! founder and trainer Maureen Backman, MS, CTC
– Challenges to submit videos and photos of your dogs
– Training features and educational content
But we can’t do this alone. We need your help to make Muzzle Awareness Month a success. Here’s how to participate:
– “Like” our Facebook page and check back frequently for new content, challenges and events
– Follow our Twitter feed and use the has tag #muzzlesmiles to spread the word
– Prepare photos, videos and questions on all things muzzles